Website for George Street shops (2018)
George Street in Glossop, Derbyshire is a small street of independent shops and businesses, most of which have a very limited web presence. This site was designed to ensure they all had some kind of presence so that they would appear in search engine results.
It’s a simple one page design with the businesses listed in door number order, with alternating stripes of colour to make them stand out from each other. Vital information, including opening hours and contact details, is provided for each business.
The design is intended to be colourful and playful while still fitting with the identity of this historic market town.
The site was optimised for mobile usage with careful planning for Search Engine Optimisation in the background.
What we did:
- Full website creation and design using WordPress and third party plug-ins
- Copywriting and ongoing site maintenance
- Ensuring site complies with legislation around cookies and data privacy
- Search Engine Optimisation including Schema mark-up on key information
- Accessibility built into the site with skiplinks for ease of navigation, simple font adjustment, and easy contrast adjustment
- Cloudflare set-up for speed and stability