Website and social media for Bakewell Wool Gathering
Bakewell Wool Gathering is an annual wool and yarn festival in England, launched in 2013. The current version of the website is the second we created for them.
The home page features a long one-page summary of the event giving essential information to visitors, including an eye-catching countdown and splashes of cherry red. The red comes from a Bakewell tart, a reference to the location’s famous pastry.
The focus on marketing for Bakewell Wool Gathering has been on getting directly to potential attendees at a minimal cost. This has included flyers at similar events, editorial spots in yarn-based magazines, Facebook advertising, and an email marketing campaign focussing on the attending exhibitors. This has allowed the visitor count to quadrupal since the first year.
What We Did:
- Full website creation and design using WordPress, Woocommerce, and third party plug-ins
- Implementation of HTTPS and SSL for security and customer confidence
- Online application process for exhibitors
- Integration of Paypal payment options and event ticketing purchase options, plus on-the-day ticket options
- Ensuring site complies with legislation around cookies and data privacy
- Copywriting and ongoing site maintenance, incorporating visitor feedback to improve information and functionality
- Search Engine Optimisation including Schema mark-up on key information
- Accessibility built into the site with skiplinks for ease of navigation, simple font adjustment, and easy contrast adjustment
- Cloudflare set-up for speed and stability
- Social media account creation and strategy
- Email marketing: mailing list building, campaign writing and design
- Print design: flyer, exhibitor brochure, and banners